Thursday, March 5, 2009

Willcox is really great at Basketball

I love when days are filled with many random things. But what I love even more is when I'm doing those things with great people. I've met a lot of people the last six summers, all with different attributes, strengths, and stories. Today, I spent time with 3 different campers, past and present.... all with different stories, different lives. But today, (yes today!), camp brought us together. It was great for a few of them to be back at camp after being gone for a few years. As soon as we pulled into camp this afternoon, they started telling stories about their time as campers. These types of things always remind me just want camp is all about; the genuine relationships, the fun and a good ol' game of basketball. I was joined by Todd, Conan, Willcox and a few others out at the Hippodrome for my version of Phunanza. I kinda wish we still had Phunanza everyday at 5. Although I lost big time in one on one, it was worth it seeing Willcox play in Chacos. Can't wait for the next time we can escape the office.

Today was a great day
--Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment